Monday, August 3, 2015

Wheel-In-Theater

 
Nothing beats buttered popcorn

  Being in a wheelchair comes with a few perks and you can find loopholes for almost any situation if you are daring...

  One day I was looking online at movie tickets. However, the movie I wanted to see was sold out. Online tickets were limited and I thought perhaps if I called the theater there would be some left.

"Hello, thank you for calling the box-office," a woman's voice answered.

"Hi, I wanted to see a movie, but the site says tickets are sold out online. Are there any left at the box-office?" I asked.

"We just sold out here as well," she answered after checking. "Seats are limited and we try to keep an even split between the online and box-office sales."

"Okay thank you."

  After hanging up I thought about what she said.

  Seats are limited.

  So if tickets were sold based on seating then all these years I'd paid for nothing! The thought made me really upset and an idea I wouldn't have let slip through before, sprung into action. I arrived at the theater just as the previews were playing. I went in and went to the bathroom. I waited until a group of movie goers left and followed them out, past the ticket counter and into the hall.

  I already knew which theater my movie was in thanks to the online listing. I made my way to the theater when I was halted by one of the host.

"The lady at the front says she didn't get your ticket."

Busted.

  I was raised to own up to my mistakes so I responded,

"Look, yeah I know it's wrong, but the box-office woman said ya'll charge for seating, and tickets were sold out. I have my own seat. Can't I just pay for parking?"

  I wasn't expecting him to bust out laughing.

"Hang on, lemme ask my manager. You got a point." He left me waiting, feeling really worried about how much trouble I might be in. A few moments later he returned.

"Here," he handed me a ticket. "The manager said next time pay for admission, because so many seats are allowed in a theater."

"Thank you so much. I'm sorry if I caused problems." I said, taking the ticket.

  He held the door open for me smiling and as I went through,

"Go find you a parking spot."

No comments:

Post a Comment